Steering tends to be less precise with this type of rudder but it is the best solution when underwater obstructions may be encountered. It's greater resistance to damage is particularly valuable to the younger crews in races such as the Devises Westminster Canoe Race when fatigue can affect the efficiency of boat handling. The unique geometry of the blade also means it is protected against vertical impacts in the event the boat is dropped onto the ground.
Now completely redesigned to include a durable plastic rudder wheel, and unibody CNC machined head bracket. The assembly is lower profile so it is less likely to get knocked, and is compatible with the previous generation of tail brackets (the part that rivets to the boat) and pins.
The elastic strap keeps the rudder down if it is knocked up. K1 and K2 blade sizes available.
Cable nipples sold separately.
- Tail bracket made from mailable aluminium to form around the stern
- CNC machined head bracket and durable CNC machined wheel
- Rudder blade (k1 size or K2)
- Rudder elastic and required nuts and bolts
- Rudder pin
- Large diameter plastic washers
- Cable nipples and rivets sold separately